The safety and security of Spring Hill School District students and staff is of utmost importance. Crisis management plans and procedures have been established for all of the district’s schools. Staff members have an understanding of these plans, and are fully able to implement them as needed. District administrators also coordinate closely with city and county emergency management officials and law enforcement representatives to develop and update plans.
In addition, schools have well-established security measures to help ensure the well being of students and staff. These include: controlled entrances with visitor check-in procedures; designated safe areas in each building; surveillance cameras; and school resource officer support. District schools also conduct drills periodically to provide students with opportunities to practice lockdown and evacuation procedures.
If an emergency occurs, school staff will attempt to notify parents by email via the Skyward message system, text messages, announcements posted on the website, and social media (as appropriate). It is very important that parents and guardians maintain updated emergency contact information at your child’s school, including phone and email contact details.
As a community, it is everyone’s responsibility to assist with school safety. Please consider the following:
- Be informed of and follow all district rules, procedures and regulations. Review student handbooks, and stay informed through the district’s web site and school newsletters.
- Immediately report any behavior or threats that can be considered suspect to a building principal/administrator or law enforcement. All threats are taken seriously.
- Identify exits and know what to do in case of an emergency.
- Be aware of drastic changes in your student’s behavior, a large drop in grades, and increased disassociation from friends and family. Contact a school counselor if you have questions.
Kansas School Safety Hotline: 1 (877) 626-8203
Spring Hill Police Department: (913) 592-2700
Johnson County Sheriff's Office: (913) 782-0720
School Resource Officers:
- Deputy Pechnik - (913) 592-7267
- Deputy Ramos - (913) 715-5400
If you need resources regarding how to talk to your child about a crisis situation, please visit: