Superintendent of Schools
On July 1, 2022, Dr. Link Luttrell officially stepped into the position of Superintendent of Schools for the Spring Hill School District with a student population around 3,700 students and over 580 certified and classified personnel.
Dr. Luttrell has worked as the superintendent for Festus R-VI School District in Missouri since 2013. He previously served as the assistant superintendent for five years in Festus R-VI. He has spent a total of 36 years in education, holding other positions which included principal and social studies teacher.
During his tenure with Festus R-VI, Dr. Luttrell demonstrated high levels of success in academic achievement, fiscal responsibility, district-wide communication, workplace culture, and community engagement. Notable accomplishments in his professional career include:
- Highest student academic achievement (Top 3%) of the 11 Jefferson County districts
- Highest certified salary schedule of the 11 Jefferson County districts
- Lowest tax levy of the 11 Jefferson County districts
- Named “Top Workplace” within the St. Louis Metro by St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Recognized with Model PLC award from Solution Tree
- Developed High School Rocket Team with Project Lead the Way
Luttrell earned his doctor of education degree in Educational Leadership from Saint Louis University in 2000. He earned his education specialist degree in Secondary School Administration from Missouri State University in 1993, his master’s degree in Secondary School Administration from the University of Missouri - Columbia in 1989, and his bachelor’s degree in Social Science/History from Missouri Baptist University in 1986.
Want to learn more about Dr. Luttrell? Check out Ready to Lead (P.6) by Annabelle Davis, Spring Hill High student journalist, in the Spring ’22 edition of the Spring Hill Schools Magazine.