Welcome to Prairie Creek Elementary! Located in southern Olathe, more than 508 students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade join us each day on their path to life-long learning. Our staff provides 21st-century educational learning opportunities that meet each child’s individual needs. PCES is a unique and colorful learning environment for students, where class sizes average 25 students.
Our students have the opportunity to experience band, orchestra, vocal music, physical education, art, a greenhouse, and library media services. All students have access to a computer lab, laptop carts, classroom computers, Interwrite tablets, document cameras, and newsroom equipment. As Mustangs, we are continuously creating, inventing, experimenting, taking risks, making mistakes, and having FUN!
The Standard of Excellence has been awarded to Prairie Creek Elementary in recognition of high achievement on Kansas State Assessments during the following years:
- 2006: Reading, Math
- 2007: Reading, Math, Building Wide Certificate
- 2008: Reading, Math, Science, Building Wide
- 2009: Reading, Math, Science, Writing, Building Wide
- 2010: Reading, Math, Science, Building Wide
- 2011: Reading, Math, Science, Building Wide
- 2012: Reading, Math, Science, Building Wide
- 2013: Reading, Math, Science, Building Wide
- 2014: Reading, Math, Science, Building Wide
- 2015: Reading, Math, Science, Building Wide
We have also received the Governor's Achievement Award for ranking in the top 5% of Kansas elementary schools in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2015. View the Kansas State Department of Education's Building Report Card for more information.
Accessibility of Facilities
To obtain specific information as to the existence and location of services, activities, and facilities that are accessible to, and usable by persons with disabilities, please contact the school principal at (913) 592-7255.