Become a registered volunteer for Spring Hill School District today! We believe in the power of your time and talent as a volunteer to support our students and help achieve the goals of our schools.
A volunteer for Spring Hill School District is any non-employee working in a school building and/or with children during the regular school hours or at a school-sanctioned event. To become a volunteer for our district, (1) read the Spring Hill School District Volunteer Ethics, Procedures, and Guidelines document, (2) submit the registration form below, and (3) complete a background check. Once you receive your Secure Volunteer Card, you may begin volunteering!
A parent observer who will have minimal interaction with students (such as during a classroom holiday party or school parade), does not need to complete the volunteer registration process.
PART 1: Read the Guidelines
Please thoroughly read the Spring Hill Schools Volunteer Ethics, Procedures, and Guidelines.
PART 2: Register
Please click here to complete the volunteer registration form.
PART 3: Background Check
To meet the background check requirement, we use Secure Volunteer powered by BIB. This background check is good for USD230 volunteers for three (3) school years. The cost for a background check is $11.95, and we offer either self-pay (you submit secure payment by card directly to BIB) or district-pay (USD230 covers the cost of the background check for you). For more details about the background check process, please download and read the Spring Hill Schools Volunteer Background Check Process.
To complete the background check using district-pay, use the button below:
To complete the background check using self-pay, use the button below:
You will receive a notification via email with approval or denial of your background check.
For more information, contact Dr. Christopher Villarreal, Director of Communication & Education Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities at SHES
Parent volunteers are vital to the success of our wide range of programs. There are many ways that you can become involved at Spring Hill Elementary. We encourage you to contact your child’s teacher, the Spring Hill Elementary PTO, or by calling the front office at (913) 592-7277. We have opportunities both during the day and after-hours as well as tasks that you may be able to do from home. No deed is too small!
Here’s some examples of possible opportunities for volunteering:
- Classroom Volunteer: There are many opportunities to assist teachers with preparation of materials, reading with a small group of children, and practicing math facts.
- Library Volunteer: With the volume of books being returned daily to the library, Mrs. Huber can always use assistance in shelving books.
- Field Trips: Many of the field trips taken require additional parent supervision. This is an excellent way to spend time with your child and small group of students while taking in an educational excursion.
- Field Day Volunteer: To make Field Day a success, Mr. Kadera-Redmond will need a number of volunteers to run events. Look for a note in April about the fun volunteer opportunities on Field Day.
- Room Parents: Each year you will have the opportunity to sign up as a room parent. The room parent helps plan and organize class parties as well as serving as a communication contact for the Spring Hill Elementary Parent Teacher Organization.
- Spring Hill Elementary PTO: The Spring Hill Elementary PTO does so much for SHES by providing funding for resources in the classroom, field trips, and other opportunities our students may not otherwise get to experience. Additionally, PTO hosts family events, two Scholastic Book Fairs, Teacher Appreciation Week, and much, much more! We encourage you to attend the SHES PTO meetings to learn of volunteer opportunities that fit into your schedule.