Where am I?
- African Wildlife Foundation
- All About Frogs
- All About Nature: Animals
- Enchanted Learning
- Especies Fact Sheets
- Frogs on the Net
- From A to Z - Oakland, California Zoo, information about birds, mammals, marsupials, reptiles in Knowland Park.
- Kids Planet Wildlife Site
- Petstation - Links to every kind of pet page you can imagine.
- Sea World/Busch Gardens Animal Information - Information site designed especially for students andteachers. You can download quizzes, activities, animal facts, and check out the live animal cams!
- The Electronic Zoo - If it has to do with animals, pets, or vets on the Net you can find it here.
- Great Basin Desert
- The Missouri Botanical Gardens-Biomes - Good site to find out about the Rainforest, Tundra, Taiga, Desert, Grasslands and Temperate biomes.
BODY AND CELLS
- Animal and Plant Cells
- Animal Cell Organelles
- Biology in Motion
- Cells Alive
- Dr. Health'nstein's Body Fun
- Kid Info-Human Body
- Plant Cells-I Can Do That
- Virtual Plant Cell
- BBC's Science and Nature: Prehistoric Files The Age of Dinosaurs
- Chicago Field Museum Sue Website - Check out the world's largest T. Rex and watch as scientists prepare the bones for display.
- DinoDictionary - Need help pronouncing those difficult dinosaur names? This is the place to listen to pronunciations.
- Dino Show: A webquest for 2nd graders
- Dinosaur Fact Files - This site has animated video clips, and motion clips along with information and photos of various dinosaurs.
- Dinosaur Hall of the National Museum of Natural History - Photos from the Smithsonian Exhibits
- Download a Dinosaur
- Kidport Reference Library-Dinosaurs
- The Dinosauria - Find out how dinosaurs lived and died, dinosaur myths, links to other dinosaur sites.
- Zoom Dinosaurs
EARTH AND ENVIRONMENT
- BrainPOP Rock Cycle
- Earthworks-- Learning Exchange
- How Rocks Are Formed
- Kids Earth
- Our Wonderful Moon Tree - Cannelton Elementary Media Club
- PlanetGreen Game
- The Discovery Channel - Life on Planet Earth, wildlife, nature, animal cams, featured stories, games, expeditions, news, history, science, technology from the Discovery Channel.
- The Seasonal Merry-Go-Round
- The Tech-Earthquakes /
- Volcano Facts
- Volcano World - Details about volcanoes, their eruptions and more...
- Year of Science Fun Zone
- American Museum of Natural History
- Bill Nye the Science Guy - Internet site from the popular T.V. show.
- BrainPOP Jr.
- DuPage Children's Museum-Fun Stuff for Kids
- Enchanted Learning - Kid friendly site on a variety of subjects.
- Explore Science
- Fun Stuff for Kids
- Kid Info
- Nova Science Now-PBS
- Schools Online from the Univ. of Illinois Extension
- Science Explorations - American Museum of Natural History
- Science Photo Library
- The Skinny On... - Get explanations of scientific questions from Hannah Holmes of the Discovery Channel. Why is there no channel 1 on your TV? Why is snow white? Why do people get crazy during a full moon? Find out these and many more here.
- The Exploratorium - Have fun exploring featured topics in science, math, and technology.
- The Why Files
- Monarch Watch
- The Butterfly Website
- The Spider Page - Anything you ever wanted to know about spiders.
- The Wonderful World of Insects
- National Inventors Hall of Fame - Check out the Dead Inventor's Corner to learn about famous inventors and their inventions.
- The Invention Dimension
- Monterey Bay Aquarium On-Line - Take a look at how this aquarium works, learn about some of the marine animals, check out the Habitat Paths Tours and the Live Cam updates every 3 minutes.
- National Aquarium in Baltimore - This aquarium has a featured online exhibit, good pictures and info, and trivia quizzes.
- National Geographic OceanNow
- National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration Kids and Teachers Korner
- The Ocean Planet - Site about oceans, developed by the Smithsonian.
- Investigating Living Things-Plants - Learn all about plants and take a quiz to see what you have learned.
- Plant Explorer
- The Great Plant Escape
ROCKS AND MINERALS
- Identifying Rocks Game
- Rocks for Kids
- The Mineral Gallery - Explore rocks and minerals with short descriptions and pictures.
- CIESE - Collaborative, Real-Time, Primary Source and Partner projects in engineering and science.
- Discovery Channel School: Science Fair Central
- KidSpace Science Fair Resource Guide
- Projects: Science News for Kids
- Project Ideas
- Project Ideas Science Club
- Science Buddies
- Science Fair Primer
- Science Fair Projects
- Science Fair Project on the Web: Step by Step Instructions
- The Ultimate Science Fair Resource
- Apollo 11-The History Place - Timeline of apollo Missions to the Moon, blast off to splashdown, includes pictures and sound files.
- Astronomy for Kids - Learn about the Solar System, planets, sun, stars, asteroids, comets, meteorites, moon, galaxies, and space exploration. Good site for younger elementary students, includes a dictionary.
- Hubble Space Telescope's Public Pictures - This site presents a selection of Hubble's most spectacular images.
- Journey into Space: Gravity, Orbits, and Collisions
- Kennedy Space Center-Mercury
- Kids Astronomy
- NASA Human Spaceflight - View the INternational Space Station and much more about space flight.
- NASA Image Exchange
- Nova-Mars Up Close
- Planet Webquest
- Solar System Exploration
- Space Kids
- Star Child - Learning center for young astronomers (Solar system, universe, space stuff, glossary...
- Star Journey - Travel among the stars using the Hubble Telescope images and the work of the National Geographic. Reading level if fairly high at this site.
- The Constellations and Their Stars - This is a good place to go for star and constellation information.
- The Nine Planets - Great info and pictures about our solar system.
- View of the Solar System - Solar System info, missions, apollo, astronauts, space history, rocket history, Pioneer, Voyager, Magellan, Pathfinder info and more.
- Windows to the Universe
- Edhead Weather Activities
- FEMA for Kids - Federal Emergency Management Agency produced this site to teach about disasters. Learn about hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, wildfires, tsunamis, winter storms. Play games and take the disaster quiz. Also teacher resources area.
- The Weather Channel
- USA Today Weather - Current weather, info on weather, homework help, Ask Jack, good hurricane and tornado info with movie clips and other weather links.
- What is a hurricane?
- Weather Science Hotlist
- Weather World - Weather site from Penn State.
- Kansas City Zoo-Wild Bunch Kids Page
- National Zoo, Washington, D.C. - Play puzzle games, encounter new births in the zoo, great animal pictures, and live cams (OranguCam, Elephant Cam, Mole-Rat Cam, Rhino Cam)
- San Diego Zoo - This zoo cares for 3,800 animals in outstanding natural habitats. Info about animals at the zoo, play "Gulp", or do a puzzle.
- The Los Angeles Zoo