Where am I?
The Spring Hill School District in conjunction with the Spring Hill Board of Education are committed to providing a positive and productive learning environment for students as well as staff members. Hazing, harassment, intimidation, menacing or bullying by any means by students, staff or a third party is strictly prohibited and shall not be tolerated in the district. The Spring Hill Board of Education has adopted policies to ensure the safety of all students and staff (See Board Policies: JDDC, JCE, JDD, JGEC, JGECA, EBC, GAAB, GAF - found in the Policies web pages).
Bullying is defined as 'aggressive behavior that involves unwanted, negative actions. Bullying involves a pattern of behavior repeated over time. Bullying is intentional and involves an imbalance of power.' There are four types of bullying:
1) Verbal Bullying occurs when someone uses language to gain power over his or her peers. Examples include name calling, teasing, taunting, threatening, slurs, etc.
2) Physical Bullying occurs when a person uses body actions including hitting, tripping, shoving, slapping, punching, kicking, damaging or destroying personal property, etc.
3) Relational Bullying occurs when a group of individuals try to hurt a peer by ignoring, isolating, excluding, shunning or gossiping.
4) Cyber Bullying means bullying by use of any electronic communication device. Examples include email, instant messaging, text messages, blogs, online games, websites, etc.
Student Rules of Bully Prevention:
1) We will not bully others;
2) We will try to help students who are being bullied;
3) We will try to include students who are left out; and,
4) If we know that someone is being bullied, we will immediately tell an adult at school and an adult at home.
Bullying Prevention Report to the Board of Education, June 2013