Skip main content and go to side navigation

Where am I?

Transfer Requests

For families pursuing in-district transfers, a request form must be completed and returned to your current school's office by May 1 for the upcoming year. Requests will be reviewed by a district committee, and granted or denied based on a range of factors, including school and grade-level capacities as well as resources to serve students. 

In-District Transfer Request (pdf, 429.8KB)


Due to changes in the school finance formula and the uncertainty in funding for growth, as of the 2015-16 school year, USD #230 will not accept out-of-district transfers unless the student  meets one of the following criteria:

1) The incoming student currently has a sibling attending a Spring Hill school, or

2) The student has a parent who is currently an employee of the district.  Children of employees who no longer work for the district will be allowed to complete the school year in which employment was terminated.

If a student moves out of the district during the school year, they will be allowed to complete that school year as long as they remain in good standing, however, will not be approved for future enrollment as an out-of-district student.  

District policy does not allow out-of-district transfers after the State of Kansas official enrollment date in September.

Out-of-District Transfer Request (pdf, 304.66KB)


Go back to main content | Go back to main navigation

Go back to main content | Go back to main navigation

Go back to main content | Go back to main navigation