¡Bienvenidos a la clase de español!
Welcome to Spanish class! I am teaching Spanish 2, 3 and 4 this year. In Spanish class, we will do a lot of speaking, reading, writing and listening in Spanish and we will also learn about the Spanish history and culture. This is my 4th year teaching Spanish at Spring Hill and I am very excited for it!
Spanish 2 will be working on the following this semester:
- Unit 1: Day to Day: Greetings and introductions, likes and dislikes, descriptions, school life, present tense verb review, present tense irregulars
- Unit 2: Pastimes: Trip/traveling vocabulary, past tense (preterite) regulars and –car, -gar, -zar verbs
- Unit 3: Preferences (Art and Food) Vocabulary involving art and food, preterite stem-changing verbs (e-i) (o-u)
- Unit 4: News: Vocabulary related to giving and receiving the news, demonstrative pronouns, and stem-changing verbs in the preterite
- Unit 5: Childhood: Vocabulary related to childhood events, past (imperfect tense), reflexive pronouns and verbs
- Unit 6: A History of Love: Vocabulary with celebrations in life and things you need for those celebrations, the progressive tense, mastery of when to use both preterite and imperfect when talking about the past
Spanish 3 will be working on the following this semester:
- Let’s explore the Hispanic world: pg 1-27 Talk about past and present activities and learn about the United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, South America and Spain. Grammar: past and present
- Let me tell you about my childhood: pg 32-53 Describe people, talk about past experiences and list accomplishments. Grammar: Preterite and imperfect.
- How do I look?: pg 54-75 Describe fashions, talk about pastimes, talk about the future and predict actions. Grammar: Future, por and para, gustar
- There is so much to do!: 76-99 Talk about household chores, say what friends do and express feelings. Grammar: Reflexives, impersonal “se”
- Political Campaign: pg 106-127 Say what you want to do, make requests and make suggestions Grammar: Commands and Conditional
- A Planet in Danger: pg 128-149 Talk about environmental problems and solutions and state what should be done to help. Grammar: Present Subjunctive, Present Perfect Subjunctive
Spanish 4 will be working on the following this semester:
- Grammar: Present Tense, Preterite, Imperfect, Ser vs Estar, Future, Conditional, Subjunctive (present and past).
- Vocabulary: Descriptive words, fairy tale terms and governmental terms.
- Reading and writing in Spanish: Cuentos de hadas (Fairy Tales) both reading them and writing your own. Reading about the histories of different Spanish-speaking countries and a research paper regarding certain countries and their governmental issues.
Need to practice?
A great website for additional help is www.conjuguemos.com . There, you can practice your vocabulary by going to "Spanish: Vocabulary (book)" and locating the title "En Español 1, 2 or 3 depending on what class you're taking. From there you can quiz yourself with different activities. You can also practice our current grammar topic by going to the same website, clicking on "Spanish: Grammar (verbs)" and then selecting the topic you'd like additional help with.
Here are some other helpful websites:
classzone.com (our textbook-En Español. Spanish 1=Middle School book and Spanish 2-4=High School)
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.