¡Bienvenidos a la clase de español!
Welcome to Spanish class! I am teaching Spanish 2 and 3 this year. In Spanish class, we will do a lot of speaking, reading, writing and listening in Spanish and we will also learn about the Spanish history and culture. This is my 3rd year teaching Spanish at Spring Hill and I am very excited for it!
Spanish 2 will be working on the following this semester:
- Grammar: direct and indirect object pronouns, formal commands, informal commands, adverbs with "-mente", subjunctive
- Vocabulary: Vocabulary related to getting ready and staying healthy, chores, the beach, body parts, hospital, in the city/traveling.
- Culture: Spanish 1 will be doing a study on famous/influential Latin American people.
Spanish 3 will be working on the following this semester:
- Grammar: The present tense subjunctive and imperfect subjunctive, when to use the subjunctive, conditional sentences, interrogative words, present progressive, present and past perfect, affirmative and negative expressions, past perfect subjunctive, conditional perfect and future perfect
- Vocabulary: Vocabulary as it relates to animals, graduation, celebrations/holidays, careers, studies and economics.
- Culture: Reading a novel which tells about life in Mexico "Un Verano Misterioso"
Need to practice?
A great website for additional help is www.conjuguemos.com . There, you can practice your vocabulary by going to "Spanish: Vocabulary (book)" and locating the title "En Español 1, 2 or 3 depending on what class you're taking. From there you can quiz yourself with different activities. You can also practice our current grammar topic by going to the same website, clicking on "Spanish: Grammar (verbs)" and then selecting the topic you'd like additional help with.
Here are some other helpful websites:
classzone.com (our textbook-En Español. Spanish 1=Middle School book and Spanish 2-4=High School)
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.